The Maine Memory Network has received awards or recognition from the following organizations:
- American Association of Museums
- American Association for State and Local History
- Maine Library Association's Annual Conference
- Maine Archives and Museums
- Electronic Commerce Forum of Maine
Several scholarly and popular articles have been written about the Maine Memory Network including:
The Portland Press Herald
- "Through the eyes of Longfellow"
- "Down load memory lane"
- "Maine history going online"
- "Putting faces on Portland's antislavery struggle"
- Bangor Daily News: "Milford students catalog town history on the web"
- Down East Magazine: "Peering into the Past"
- Access Learning Magazine: "Saving Hometown History"
- The Journal of American History: Web Site Review
- The Organization of American Historians
- New England Archivists: "Maine Memory Network: The Challenges of Digital Collaboration"
- Collections: A Journal of Museum and Archives Professionals: "Digitizing and Imaging Review"
- Family Tree Magazine: "101 Best Websites for Tracing Your Roots"