- Maine Memory Network (MMN) and My Maine Stories are projects managed by Maine Historical Society (MHS) and content submitted by individuals appears on www.mainememory.net. These terms relate to Maine Memory Network and My Maine Stories.
- Users agree to voluntarily and freely share their interviews, stories, images, videos, photographs, and personal documents with MHS and MMN. There will be no compensation for their submitted material.
- Users agree that they hold the copyright to their material. MHS requires users to obtain all necessary permissions of the content, including photographs and video, before posting or distributing any content to our websites.
- Users grant permission to MHS to use their content, and grant royalty-free rights to MHS to share this content, in whole or in part, in all types of media including print publication, website publication and exhibition form.
- By posting content, users agree to allow their material to be used by others for educational purposes only.
- By posting content, including but not limited to text, photographs, videos, and links to external sites on the Website, users agree to comply with all requirements and procedures for posting, and to avoid abusive and offensive language and to refrain from posting any content that is commercial in nature, advocates for a political cause or legislation, or infringes upon any third party's rights, including privacy, copyright, trademark, or patent. MHS does not endorse any opinions or recommendations posted by users or third parties.
- Users understand and agree that MHS staff has the right to edit or delete the submissions at any time.
- The user agrees to hold the MHS and its affiliates and employees harmless against any claim, action, loss, damage or alleged infringement of any copyright, trademark, or other third party property rights, caused by or arising from the publication, exhibition or webcast of submitted interviews, audio or video recordings, photographs or copy of personal documents furnished to the MHS as part of the Maine Memory Network and My Maine Stories projects.
- Users must be at last 13 years of age to submit content. MHS and MMN are compliant with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998.
- Users agree to these terms and to the MHS and MMN Website Use Policies and Agreement.