Contributed by Bangor Public Library
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at William S. Cohen School. More info about student projects.
Postcard image of lumber raft (bound collection of logs being towed in for milling) on the Penobscot River at Bangor. The image faces southbound downriver with Bangor to the west and Brewer to the east.
About This Item
- Title: Penobscot River lumber raft at Bangor, ca. 1905
- Creator: H.C. Leighton Co. Portland, ME
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Location: Bangor, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 8.7 cm x 13.5 cm
- Collection: Lumber Industry Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Lumber industry--Maine--Bangor
- Penobscot River (Me.)
- Log driving--Maine
- Booms (Log transportation)--Maine--Bangor
- Bangor Lumber Industry
- Bangor Lumber Raft Penobscot River
- Bangor Lumbering
- Logging Bangor
- Logging Penobscot River
- Lumber Industry
- Lumber Raft
- Lumber Raft Penobscot River
- Penobscot River
For more information about this item, contact:Bangor Public Library
145 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME 04401
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.