Contributed by Northeast Harbor Library
This images show the Asticou Inn located in Northeast Harbor from about 1901. In the image a carriage is being driven by George A. Savage who was the owner at that time.
The Asticou Inn was was designed by Augustus Chase Savage and built in 1883. In 1899 the original inn burned. A. C. Savage's son, Fred L. Savage designed the new inn, which was rebuilt and operating again by 1901. As of 2013, it is still up and running!
About This Item
- Title: Asticou Inn, Northeast Harbor, ca. 1901
- Creator: Moore, Issac T.
- Creation Date: circa 1901
- Subject Date: circa 1901
- Town: Northeast Harbor
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20.8 cm x 25.4 cm
- Local Code: nehl121
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Buildings--Maine--Northeast Harbor
- Business enterprises--Maine--Northeast Harbor
- Hotels--Maine--Northeast Harbor
- Horses--Maine--Northeast Harbor
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Northeast Harbor
- People--Maine--Northeast Harbor
For more information about this item, contact:Northeast Harbor Library
PO Box 279, Northeast Harbor, ME 04662
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.