Contributed by South Bristol Historical Society
- Item 79554
- print page
- download web image
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at South Bristol School. More info about student projects.
This tourist postcard focuses on the the Holly Inn, in the background, and its tennis courts. The hotel, built in 1908 after the first Holly Inn burned to the ground in 1907, had 99 rooms. Like the first, the second Holly Inn also burned to the ground. This time in a spectacular fire in 1923.
The small building in the left middle ground was the Christmas Cove Post Office and the red-roofed building to the right of the Inn was the Holly Inn annex.
About This Item
- Title: Second Holly Inn, Christmas Cove, ca. 1917
- Creator: A. T. Thorpe, Christmas Cove, Me.
- Creation Date: circa 1917
- Subject Date: circa 1917
- Location: South Bristol, Lincoln County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.5 cm x 13.5 cm
- Local Code: 1000.12.001B
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Tourism--Maine--Christmas Cove
- Hotels--Maine--Christmas Cove
- Tennis courts--Maine--Christmas Cove
- Post offices--Maine--Christmas Cove
For more information about this item, contact:South Bristol Historical Society
P. O. Box 229, South Bristol, ME 04568
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.