Contributed by South Bristol Historical Society
A Cabinet card print shows Nathan C. Hodgdon (1824-1892) with his granddaughter Lena Kelsey (1881-1954) in a studio setting.
Hodgdon was a Civil War Veteran from Walpole, later known as Bristol. He enlisted in 1862 and served in Co. I of the 21st Maine Volunteer Regiment.
The handwritten text along the bottom of the card reads "N.C. Hodgdon. - Co. I. 21st Maine Regiment Volunteer."
About This Item
- Title: Nathan C. Hodgdon with granddaughter, Walpole, ca. 1887
- Creator: F.H. McDougall Photography Studio
- Creation Date: circa 1887
- Subject Date: circa 1887
- Local Name: Walpole
- Town: Bristol, South Bristol
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Albumen print
- Dimensions: 16.5 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: 2008.01.001
- Collection: Eugenie Woodward Cole
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:South Bristol Historical Society
P. O. Box 229, South Bristol, ME 04568
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.