Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This map was published circa 1676 and sold by Thomas Basset and Richard Chitwell, London publishers.
Printing on the reverse indicates it was published in an atlas.
It is attributed to John Speed who was the first notable British map and chart maker in the 17th century.
About This Item
- Title: Map of New England, New York, ca. 1676
- Creator: Speed, John
- Creation Date: circa 1676
- Subject Date: circa 1676
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 53 cm x 55 cm
- Local Code: Map F 496
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800--17th century
- New England--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800--17th century
- North America--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800--17th century
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.