Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
New England, New Belgium and Virginia, as produced by Johannes Jansson, ca. 1642. Jansson was the son-in-law of Dutch mapmaker Jodocus Hondius and along with his brother-in-law, produced many maps and atlases in the 17th century.
About This Item
- Title: Nova Anglia, Novum Belgium et Virginia, ca. 1642
- Creator: Jansson, Johannes
- Creation Date: circa 1642
- Subject Date: circa 1642
- Media: Map, ink on paper
- Local Code: Map F 495
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800--17th century
- North America--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800--17th century
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.