Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The George Washington Bicentennial Commission had this bronze medal made ca. 1932. The words on the medal are 'Washington' and 'Proclaim liberty throughout all the land.' George Washington, 1732-1799 served as general in the American Revolution and as the first United States President.
About This Item
- Title: Washington bicentennial bronze medallion
- Creator: Frazer, Laura Cardin
- Creation Date: circa 1932
- Subject Date: 1932
- Media: Bronze
- Dimensions: 8 cm x 8 cm
- Local Code: 1900*
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Presidents--United States
- Bicentennial celebrations--United States
- Washington, George, 1732-1799--Collectibles
- Washington Bicentennial Commission
- Washington, George, 1732-1799--Anniversaires, etc.
- Medallions (Decorative arts)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.