Contributed by Strong Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
It was necessary to construct a workers' walk bridge between the Sandy River's banks during the removal of the old bridge in Strong and the early stages of construction of the new bridge.
About This Item
- Title: Walk bridge in place for workers after old bridge removed, Strong, ca. 1922
- Creator: Lewis, Lester Royal
- Creation Date: circa 1922
- Subject Date: circa 1922
- Town: Strong
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.2 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: ED.01.103.980
- Collection: L. R. Lewis Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Suspension bridges--Maine--Strong
- Bridge construction--Maine--Strong
- Pedestrian bridges--Maine--Strong
- Construction workers--Maine--Strong
For more information about this item, contact:Strong Historical Society
PO Box 133, Strong, ME 04983
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.