Contributed by Mantor Library at UMF
Baseball was played informally at Farmington State Normal School since its early years. However, because of low enrollment by men, faculty often stepped in to field a team of players. This is the 1923 team, and one of the players is Errol Dearborn, who was teaching physics, chemistry, and math at F.S.N.S. at the time.
The team members are: (front row) Justin Nunan, Vinal Merrill, Errol Dearborn. Middle row: Irving Libby, Vernon Boynton, Arthur Coggins and Philip Tibbetts. Back Row: Robert Sturke, Coburn Tripp, and Charles Preble.
About This Item
- Title: Baseball Team, Farmington State Normal School, 1923
- Creator: Farmington State Normal School
- Creation Date: 1923
- Subject Date: 1923
- Location: Farmington, Franklinff County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14.5 cm
- Local Code: Scrapbook Collection (Leona Coy Richards)
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Baseball players--Maine--Farmington
- University of Maine Farmington--History
- Farmington State Teachers College (Me.)
- Farmington State Normal School (Me.)--Faculty
- College students--Maine--Farmington
- Group portraits
- Nunan, Justin
- Merrill, Vinal B.
- Dearborn, Errol L.
- Libby, Irving
- Boynton, Vernon W.
- Coggins, Arthur P.
- Tibbetts, Philip B.
- Sturke, Robert
- Tripp, Coburn
- Preble, Charles S.
- Errol Dearborn
- Farmington State Normal School
- University of Maine at Farmington
For more information about this item, contact:Mantor Library at UMF
University of Maine at Farmington, 116 South Street, Farmington, ME 04938
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.