Contributed by Mantor Library at UMF
Baseball was played informally at Farmington State Normal School since its early years. However, because of low enrollment by men, faculty often stepped in to field a team of players. This is the 1923 team, and one of the players is Errol Dearborn, who was teaching physics, chemistry, and math at F.S.N.S. at the time.
The team members are: (front row) Justin Nunan, Vinal Merrill, Errol Dearborn. Middle row: Irving Libby, Vernon Boynton, Arthur Coggins and Philip Tibbetts. Back Row: Robert Sturke, Coburn Tripp, and Charles Preble.
About This Item
- Title: Baseball Team, Farmington State Normal School, 1923
- Creator: Farmington State Normal School
- Creation Date: 1923
- Subject Date: 1923
- Town: Farmington
- County: Franklinff
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14.5 cm
- Collection: Leona Coy Richards Scrapbook
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Mantor Library at UMF
University of Maine at Farmington, 116 South Street, Farmington, ME 04938
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Baseball players--Maine--Farmington
- University of Maine Farmington--History
- Farmington State Teachers College (Me.)
- Farmington State Normal School (Me.)--Faculty
- College students--Maine--Farmington
- Group portraits
- Nunan, Justin
- Merrill, Vinal B.
- Dearborn, Errol L.
- Libby, Irving
- Boynton, Vernon W.
- Coggins, Arthur P.
- Tibbetts, Philip B.
- Sturke, Robert
- Tripp, Coburn
- Preble, Charles S.
- Errol Dearborn
- Farmington State Normal School
- University of Maine at Farmington
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.