Contributed by Swan's Island Historical Society
Four friends were skating on one of several ponds on Swan's Island. Goose Pond is in the interior part of the island. From left are Carroll Staples (1905-1970), Fritz Johnson (1899-1995), Ella Davis (1908-1993), and an unidentified person.
About This Item
- Title: Four skaters on Goose Pond, Swan's Island, ca. 1924
- Creation Date: circa 1924
- Subject Date: circa 1924
- Location: Swan's Island, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 36 cm x 26 cm
- Collection: Islanders at Play
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Ice skating--Maine--Swan's Island
- Ponds--Maine--Swan's Island
- Skaters--Maine--Swan's Island
- Winter sports--Maine--Swan's Island
For more information about this item, contact:Swan's Island Historical Society
PO Box 144, 9 North Rd, Swan's Island, ME 04685
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.