Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This view east from City Hall shows the roundhouse in the background for the Atlantic & St. Lawrence Railroad located on Portland, Maine's waterfront. It is dated 1855-1899.
About This Item
- Title: View of Portland from City Hall, ca. 1860
- Creation Date: circa 1860
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Stereograph
- Dimensions: 8 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 797, Portland--Views
- Collection: Stereo view cards of Maine towns and scenes
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Atlantic & St. Lawrence Railroad--Roundhouse--Maine--Portland--Photographs
- Railroad facilities--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.