Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Lincoln K. Plummer of Jefferson, served in Company B of the 7th Maine Infantry from August 21, 1861 until being discharged for disability in February 1862.
He re-enlisted in Company E of the 16th Maine in August 1862, was a prisoner-of-war for a time, rose to the rank of captain and was brevetted major and lieutenant colonel in March 1865.
On this card is written, "1st Lieut. 16 Me. Vol."
About This Item
- Title: Lincoln K. Plummer, Jefferson, ca. 1862
- Creator: Paige, B. P.
- Creation Date: circa 1862
- Subject Date: circa 1862
- Town: Jefferson
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Carte de visite
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 6 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 135, Box 1/20
- Collection: Abner Ralph Small papers
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Regimental Histories--16th Maine (1861-1865)--Photographs.
- 16th Maine(1861-1865)
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maine--Infantry Regiment, 16th (1861-1865)--Photographs.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.