Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Lincoln K. Plummer of Jefferson, served in Company B of the 7th Maine Infantry from August 21, 1861 until being discharged for disability in February 1862.
He re-enlisted in Company E of the 16th Maine in August 1862, was a prisoner-of-war for a time, rose to the rank of captain and was brevetted major and lieutenant colonel in March 1865.
On this card is written, "1st Lieut. 16 Me. Vol."
About This Item
- Title: Lincoln K. Plummer, Jefferson, ca. 1862
- Creator: Paige, B. P.
- Creation Date: circa 1862
- Subject Date: circa 1862
- Town: Jefferson
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Carte de visite
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 6 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 135, Box 1/20
- Collection: Abner Ralph Small papers
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Regimental Histories--16th Maine (1861-1865)--Photographs.
- 16th Maine(1861-1865)
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maine--Infantry Regiment, 16th (1861-1865)--Photographs.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.