Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
The menu for the week of December 19-25, 1943 for officers and staff of Pownal State School in New Gloucester. The children had a different menu.
The menu, approved by the superintendent of the facility, included Christmas dinner.
Most staff members lived at the facility.
About This Item
- Title: Dietary for officers and employees, Pownal State School, 1943
- Creation Date: 1943
- Subject Date: 1943
- Location: New Gloucester, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 21.5 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Pineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)--History
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.