Contributed by Nylander Museum
In 1922 Olof O. Nylander assembled a display of photographs, maps and charts of the Maine Swedish Colony which he displayed at the three hundredth anniversary of the founding of Gothenburg, Sweden. The series of display cards, or samlats, each featured several photographs of homes, businesses and community members from New Sweden, Woodland, Perham and Caribou. This is the seventh in the series of 18 samlats.
Schools included in this display include: Madawaska, Jemtland, West Road, East Road, Capitol, Station, Center, Skoland, Lebanon.
About This Item
- Title: Nylander samlat 7, New Sweden, 1922
- Creator: Olof O. Nylander
- Creation Date: 1922
- Subject Date: 1922
- New Sweden, Aroostook County, ME
- Gothenburg, Sweden
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 56 cm x 71 cm
- Local Code: NYW80.07
- Collection: Nylander samlat
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Gothenburg, Sweden--Centennial celebrations, etc.
- Gothenburg, Sweden--Commemoration--Exhibitions & displays
- Swedish Americans--Commemoration--Maine
- Swedish Americans--Maine
- Schools--Maine--New Sweden
- Rural schools--Maine--New Sweden
- East Road
- Maine Swedish Colony
- samlat 7
- West Road
For more information about this item, contact:Nylander Museum
mailing address: 25 High St, street address: 657 Main St, Caribou, ME 04736
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.