Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Charles Jarvis wrote from Augusta to his brother, Leo, (Leonard) of Surry, a U.S. Representative, about border disputes with England.
Charles Jarvis was a member of the North East Committee and discussed its recommendations.
About This Item
- Title: Jarvis letter concerning Maine boundaries, 1832
- Creator: Charles Jarvis
- Creation Date: 1832-01-14
- Subject Date: 1832
- Location: Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 20, Box 1/3
- Collection: Jarvis family papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Boundary disputes
- Canada--Boundaries--United States
- Jarvis, Charles, 1788-1865--Correspondence
- Jarvis, Leonard, 1781-1854--Correspondence
- Legislators--United States
- Maine--Boundaries--New Brunswick
- New Brunswick--Boundaries--Maine
- Northeast boundary of the United States
- United States--Boundaries--Canada
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.