Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Peter F. Sanborn of East Readfield wrote to his daughter Sarah, away at school, about the death of a neighbor's child and an apparent outbreak of diphtheria in the area.
About This Item
- Title: Peter F. Sanborn letter concerning diphtheria deaths, 1862
- Creator: Sanborn, Peter F.
- Creation Date: 1862-05-15
- Subject Date: 1862
- Town: Augusta
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 362, Box 1/3
- Collection: Sanborn family papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.