Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Sarah Sanborn writes to her father Peter F. Sanborn of East Readfield about her experiences at the Maine Wesleyan Seminary and Female College (Kents Hill School), where she and her sister Lizzie are studying.
She defends herself against his accusations that she had not written when she said she would.
About This Item
- Title: Sarah Sanborn letter to Peter F. Sanborn, 1861
- Creator: Sanborn, Sarah F.
- Creation Date: 1861-03-28
- Subject Date: 1861
- Town: Kents Hill
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 362, Box 1/2
- Collection: Sanborn family papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Female College (Kents Hill, Me.)
- Kents Hill School (Kents Hill, Me.)
- Maine Wesleyan Seminary (Me.)
- Sanborn family
- Sanborn, Peter F.--Correspondence
- Sanborn, Sarah F.--Correspondence
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.