Contributed by William Fogg Library
In 1910, Eliot marked the one hundredth anniversary of its incorporation as a town with a weeklong celebration. The festivities included concerts, speeches, and a parade. The houses along the parade route were decorated with patriotic bunting. This house belonged at the time to Charles Cole, a member of the Centennial Committee, which oversaw the festivities.
About This Item
- Title: Charles Cole Home, Eliot,1910
- Creator: St.Clair, Ira M.
- Creation Date: 1910
- Subject Date: 1910
- Town: Eliot
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 8.97 cm x 14.23 cm
- Collection: Postcard Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Eliot (Me.)--Centennial celebrations, etc.
- Cole, Charles--Homes and haunts--Maine--Eliot
- Centennial celebrations--Maine--Eliot
For more information about this item, contact:William Fogg Library
Box 359, Eliot, ME 03903
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.