Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The north and west elevations of the "Oaklands" in Gardiner. Built in 1835-1837 for Robert Hallowell Gardiner, the house is constructed of granite. Richard Upjohn (1802-1878) was the architect.
About This Item
- Title: Oaklands, Gardiner, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962
- Subject Date: 1962
- Town: Gardiner
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 445, Box 1
- Collection: Historic American Buildings Survey
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Architecture, domestic--Maine--Gardiner
- Gardiner, Robert Hallowell, 1782-1864--Homes and haunts--Maine--Gardiner
- Historic American Buildings Survey
- Historic buildings--Maine--Gardiner
- Oaklands (Dwelling) (Gardiner, Me.)--Photographs
- Surveys--Historic buildings--Views
- Upjohn, Richard, 1802-1878
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.