Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Regina Carrier of Lewiston, left, came in first in the 100-yard snowshoe race at the American Snowshoe Union competition. Mary Ann Vachon, at right, also of Lewiston, came in second.
Biddeford hosted the annual competition that drew some 400 delegates from 12 clubs.
Club Voltigeur of Biddeford, which formed in 1926, hosted the event.
About This Item
- Title: Regina Carrier, Mary Ann Vachon, Biddeford, 1927
- Creation Date: 1927-03-05
- Subject Date: 1927-03-05
- Town: Biddeford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.15216
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Athletic clubs--Maine--Biddeford
- French Americans--Maine--Biddeford
- Snowshoeing clubs--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.