Courtesy of Kathy Bolduc Amoroso, an individual partner
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Lisbon Street in Lewiston was the center of business in the 1890s. Several merchants set up shop there including Jewish shopkeeper, Arthur S. Melcher, specializing inbBoot and shoe making and repair at 81 Lisbon Street; Chamberlain's Insurance Agency; and Allen & Co. clothing at 85 Lisbon Street.
One of Arthur Melcher's employees was Zotique C. Bolduc, who later opened his own shoe and leather shop in Lewiston.
About This Item
- Title: Storefronts on Lisbon Street, Lewiston, ca. 1890
- Creator: Curtis and Ross photographers
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Town: Lewiston
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic Print
- Dimensions: 19.7 cm x 22.9 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Business owners-Maine--Lewiston
- Carriages & coaches-Maine--Lewiston
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.