Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Mount Kineo rises skyward above an old rowboat at Cliff Beach on Moosehead Lakes North Bay. In August of 1887, John Dunn and his companions traveled to the Moosehead Lake region to hunt, fish and absorb the rugged, pristine scenery. Maine marketed its beauty and abundance of fish and game to wealthy tourists.
About This Item
- Title: Mt. Kineo and Cliff Beach, North Bay, 1887
- Creator: Dunn, John W.G.
- Creation Date: 1887-08-01
- Subject Date: 1887-08-01
- Town: Kineo
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Cabinet photograph
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 22 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 447, Box 1
- Collection: John W. G. (John Warner Grigg) Dunn photographs and diaries
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dunn, John W.G., 1869-1941
- Moosehead Lake (Me.)--Photographs
- Kineo, Mount (Me.)
- North Bay (Moosehead Lake, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.