Contributed by Westport Island History Committee
With the ferry's rear guard chain in hand, two young visitors appeared ready to "secure the load" in preparation for the ferry to take them from Westport Island to the Wiscasset mainland in the background.
About This Item
- Title: Heading to Wiscasset, Westport Island, ca. 1936
- Creation Date: circa 1936
- Subject Date: circa 1936
- Town: Westport Island, Wiscasset
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 15 cm
- Collection: Colby Greenleaf Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Automobiles--Maine--Westport Island
- Boats--Maine--Westport Island
- Ferries--Maine--Westport Island
- Westport Island (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Westport Island History Committee
6 Fowles Point Road, Westport Island, ME 04578
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.