Contributed by Portland Water District
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Portland Water District purchased the Station at Sebago Lake from the Maine Central Railroad in 1935; this purchase included all of the lands fronting the Lake, including the wharves and other structures at the Station.
While this photo is not marked, it is believed to be a view of the side structure attached to the abandoned Sebago Lake Station as the building was being disassembled and removed.
The Maine Central Railroad decided to sell the property to the District due to a decline in railroad operations and use of its grounds for picnics and other recreational activities.
About This Item
- Title: Sebago Lake Station being dismantled, Standish, ca. 1935
- Creator: Portland Water District
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Location: Standish, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 5.08 cm x 7.62 cm
- Local Code: 4-PA-1935-002
- Collection: Small Photos
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine Central Railroad Company
- Portland Water District (Me.)
- Sebago Lake (Me.)
- Hydraulic facilities--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Portland Water District
225 Douglass St., Portland, ME 04104
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.