Contributed by Maine Maritime Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The 50th Anniversary meeting of the Venerable Cunner Association and Propeller Club.
The earliest record of the club describes a meeting at Portland Head Light on August 7, 1845, where members went to escape from the heat of the city.
Annual outings were held on the first Tuesday of August, mostly at Portland Head Light. In the 1880s the club decided to move permanently to Long Point in Cape Elizabeth.
About This Item
- Title: Venerable Cunner Association members, Cape Elizabeth, 1895
- Creator: Venerable Cunner Association and Propeller Club
- Creation Date: 1895-08-06
- Subject Date: 1895-08-06
- Local Name: Long Point
- Town: Cape Elizabeth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 16.4 cm x 21.5 cm
- Local Code: 1999.36
- Collection: Venerable Cunner Association and Propeller Club Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Venerable Cunner Association and Propeller Club (Me.)--Anniversaries
- Venerable Cunner Association and Propeller Club (Me.)--People
- Clubs--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- Tewkesbury , Clinton L.
- Leach, Convers O
- Fernald, Sumner O.
- Fobes, Leander W.
- Bearce, Samuel T.
- Shaw, John L.
- Staples, Edward P.
- Raymond, George E.
- Hicks, Millard F.
- Colby, William W.
- Tilman, Charles
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Maritime Museum
243 Washington Street, Bath, ME 04530
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.