The Seminary Building, Westbrook Seminary, 1868Item 29225 info
Abplanalp Library, UNE
Zelia attended classes in the Seminary Building.
This painted brick structure was constructed in 1834 at a cost of $7,000 and was the only building on campus.
Adorned with the tower removed from the Portland City Hall when it was remodeled in 1832, the Seminary Building held classrooms, or "recitation rooms," apparatus for scientific experiments, and a mineral and geology cabinet.