Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"Dr. Jack," a frequent hunting companion of John Dunn, leans on the antler of a downed bull moose along the banks of Ellis Brook in the Moosehead Lake region in autumn 1887. The region had been gaining a reputation for producing trophy game; Dunn and his companions made regular forays into the Maine woods to hunt and fish.
About This Item
- Title: Hunting at Moosehead Lake, August 1887
- Creator: Dunn, John W.G.
- Creation Date: 1887
- Subject Date: 1887
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Cabinet photograph
- Local Code: Coll. 447, Box 1
- Collection: Dunn, John W. G. (John Warner Grigg) photographs and diaries
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Moosehead Lake (Me.)--Photographs.
- Canoes--Maine--Moosehead Lake.
- Moosehead Lake (Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.