Contributed by Maine Historical Society
April 6, 1865 letter from Willis M. Porter to his wife in Old Town about the surrender of General Lee in the Civil War.
About This Item
- Title: Willis M. Porter letter about Lee surrender, 1865
- Creator: Willis M. Porter
- Creation Date: 1865-04-06
- Subject Date: 1865-04-06
- Location: Old Town, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 1605, Box 1/4
- Collection: Willis M. Porter diaries and correspondence
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Porter, Ester Friend--Correspondence
- Porter, Willis M. --Correspondence
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Personal narratives
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.