Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Windsor B. Smith of Union, a sergeant in Co. K of the 1st Maine Cavalry, collected the Confederate brass spurs as a war relic.
About This Item
- Title: Confederate spurs, ca. 1863
- Creation Date: circa 1863
- Subject Date: circa 1863
- Media: Brass
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. Army, Maine Cavalry Regiment, 1st (1861-1865)
- Military uniforms--Confederate
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.