Contributed by Moosehead Historical Society
The Owl, a side-wheeler scow, is loaded with hardwood logs on Moosehead Lake for the veneer mill in Greenville. The lumbermen used scows to transport oxen, men, supplies, and logs around the lake. The steam scows were eventually replaced by steamboats.
About This Item
- Title: Side-wheeler Scow "Owl," Moosehead Lake, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Greenville, Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.9 cm x 12.6 cm
- Local Code: 2013.19.0004 Owl Scow
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Moosehead Historical Society
PO Box 1116, Greenville, ME 04441
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.