Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Henry Wilson of Westbrook, who was drafted into Civil War service, received an exemption for a "deformed thorax."
The exemption was signed on Sept. 30, 1863.
About This Item
- Title: Exemption from military service, Westbrook, 1863
- Creation Date: 1863-09-30
- Subject Date: 1863
- Location: Westbrook, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 17.4 cm x 21 cm
- Local Code: Coll. S-499, Misc. Box 19/18
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Recruiting & enlistment--1860-1870
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Military service--1860-1870
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.