Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
After the Roosevelt Memorial Bridge connecting Canada with the United States was opened for use, a new federal building was erected on the U.S. end to house United States Customs and also provide a new home for the U.S. Postal Service. The gentleman on the left is perhaps an inspector or other official.
About This Item
- Title: Customs building construction, Lubec, ca. 1963
- Creation Date: circa 1963
- Subject Date: circa 1963
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7.4 cm x 9.7 cm
- Local Code: Bridge 35
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Post offices--Maine--Lubec
- Building construction--Maine--Lubec
- Boundaries--New Brunswick
- Government facilities--Maine--Lubec
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.