Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
This dramatic image shows fabrication of a bridge across The Narrows, a channel of the sea separating Campobello Island, New Brunswick, and Lubec, Maine. Note the flatbed carrying a steel beam, and the high tide, not far below the top of the trestle work.
About This Item
- Title: High tide and bridge construction, Lubec, 1961
- Creation Date: 1961-10-16
- Subject Date: 1961-10-16
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7.4 cm x 9.7 cm
- Local Code: Bridge 12 jpg
- Collection: Bernard Ross
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945--Commemoration
- Bridge construction--Maine--Lubec
- Bridges--Canada--New Brunswick
- Bridge construction--Canada--New Brunswick
- Bridges--New Brunswick
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.