Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
One of the dining areas at "Belfield," Henry St. John Smith's home in Cape Elizabeth.
Smith was a banker and world traveler. Portland architect John Calvin Stevens designed the home about 1890.
About This Item
- Title: 'Belfield' dining room, Cape Elizabeth, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Location: Cape Elizabeth, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 209, Box 37/5; Record 812.3
- Collection: Stevens Architects drawings and records collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Architecture, Domestic--Shingle Style--Maine
- Banking industry--Maine--Portland
- Dining rooms--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- Dwellings--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- Houses--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- Smith, Henry St. John, 1852-1896--Homes and haunts--Maine--Cape Elizabeth
- Stevens, John Calvin
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.