Contributed by Jonathan Fisher Memorial, Inc.
Painted and stenciled canvas made by Jonathan Fisher for sale to local militiamen during the War of 1812. This is an example of one of the many ways he used his talents to support his family. At the time this was made the town name was spelled as a single word - Bluehill.
About This Item
- Title: Bluehill Light Infantry Back Pack, Blue Hill, ca. 1812
- Creator: Jonathan Fisher
- Creation Date: circa 1812
- Subject Date: circa 1812
- Location: Blue Hill, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Canvas with paint
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--History--War of 1812
- Fisher, Jonathan, 1768-1847--Associated objects
- Backpacks--Maine--Blue Hill
- Equipment and supplies
For more information about this item, contact:Jonathan Fisher Memorial, Inc.
44 Miles Road, Blue Hill, ME 04614
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.