Contributed by McArthur Public Library
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Biddeford High School. More info about student projects.
Imprint on the bottom of a commemorative tea cup manufactured by Wheelock in Germany for the Tom L. Evans & Company Department Store, Biddeford around 1905. Various pieces of china were created and sold, probably to celebrate the City's 50th anniversary.
About This Item
- Title: Mark on commemorative tea cup, Biddeford, ca. 1905
- Creator: Wheelock
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Location: Biddeford, York County, ME
- Media: China
- Dimensions: 7.5 cm x 8 cm x 8 cm
- Local Code: 2006.27
- Collection: Special Collections
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Department stores--Maine--Biddeford
- Drinking cups--Maine--Biddeford
- Biddeford (Me.)--Commemoration
- Souvenirs (Keepsakes)--Maine--Biddeford
- Tom L. Evans & Company (Biddeford, Me.)
- Stores & shops--Maine--Biddeford
- makers' marks
- marks (symbols)
- Souvenir china--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.