Contributed by Patten Free Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
James E. Haley (1824-1894) was a notable lumber dealer and builder in the City of Bath. Here is a bill he submitted to the Oliver Moses Estate for work done on the Church Block in 1886. The Moses estate included much real estate in the commercial business district. The "new front" to the store likely referred to the two-story bay window added to the south portion of the building while the skylight that required repair probably was part of Augustus Hatch's photography studio. Unfortunately, Haley was killed in an industrial accident a few years later, when supervising the construction of the new Sagadahock Block on Front Street.
About This Item
- Title: Haley bill for Church Block, Bath, 1886
- Creator: James Edward Haley
- Creation Date: 1886-04-07
- Subject Date: 1886-04-07
- Location: Bath, Sagadahoc County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 17.8 cm x 21.6 cm
- Local Code: PFL SHGR 1.2.6
- Collection: Oliver Moses Collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Buildings--Repair and reconstruction--Maine--Bath
- Photographic studios--Maine--Bath
- Public architecture--Remodeling--Maine--Bath
For more information about this item, contact:Patten Free Library
33 Summer Street, Bath, ME 04530
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.