Contributed by Maine Forest Service
A Civilian Conservation Corps crew from the Alfred Camp removing snow, probably on Acton Ridge in about 1934.
The CCC camp was supervised by the Maine Forest Service and the crews worked on tree disease and insect control.
About This Item
- Title: CCC snow removal, Alfred, ca. 1934
- Creation Date: circa 1934
- Subject Date: circa 1934
- Location: Acton, York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 14.2 cm x 8.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.)--Company 130 (Alfred, Me.)
- Gypsy moth--Control--Maine
- Insect pests--Control
- Maine. Bureau of Forestry
- Public service employment--Officials and employees--Maine--Acton
- Snow removal--Maine--Acton
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Forest Service
Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry, 18 Elkins Lane, Harlow Building, 22 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.