Contributed by Lubec Memorial Library
"The Penny Catcher" was one of two factories belonging to the North Lubec Manufacturing and Canning Co., owned by the Lawrence family in North Lubec. The "Penny Catcher" was in operation until 1971. Edith Comstock, who took this photograph, began working there in 1932 when she was 14.
About This Item
- Title: Lawrence Packing Co., North Lubec, 1936
- Creator: Edith Comstock
- Creation Date: 1936
- Subject Date: 1936
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7 cm x 11.5 cm
- Collection: Edith Comstock Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fish canneries--Maine--Lubec
- Canned fish industry--Maine--Lubec
- Food industry--Maine--Lubec
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Memorial Library
55 Water Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.