Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The president of the United States, William Howard Taft (in dark coat and white yachting cap), can be seen stepping across the landing, after leaving the launch from the presidential yacht Mayflower.
The white Mayflower can be seen offshore, to the right of Stage Island. Notice the clothing trends of the time (especially the woman in the white dress).
About This Item
- Title: President Taft arrives in Biddeford Pool, July 28, 1910
- Creator: Robert H. Gay
- Creation Date: 1910-07-28
- Subject Date: 1910-07-28
- Location: Biddeford, York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17.5 cm
- Local Code: mca93
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Mayflower (Yachts)
- Piers & wharves--Maine--Biddeford
- Arrivals & departures--Maine--Biddeford
- United States. President (1909-1913 : Taft)
- Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930--Travel
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.