Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The bow of a Liberty Ship under construction at the South Portland Shipbuilding Corp.'s Eastern Division on Feb. 23, 1943.
The ship was Hull #46.
About This Item
- Title: Bow, Liberty Ship, South Portland, 1943
- Creator: Stanley Dana Corp., Portland
- Creation Date: 1943-03-23
- Subject Date: 1943-03-23
- Location: South Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Photographs -- South Portland -- Boat & Ship Building
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Boat & ship industry--Maine--South Portland
- Construction workers--Maine--South Portland
- Construction--Maine--South Portland
- Liberty ships--Maine--South Portland
- Scaffolding--Maine--South Portland
- Ships--Maine--South Portland
- South Portland Shipbuilding Corp. (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.