Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The stern of Hull #48 under construction at Basin I at the South Portland Shipbuilding Corp., East Division, on Feb. 23, 1943. The keel was laid Feb. 15, 1943.
About This Item
- Title: Hull 48, South Portland Shipbuilding Corp., 1943
- Creator: Stanley Dana Corp., Portland
- Creation Date: 1943
- Subject Date: 1943
- Location: South Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Photographs -- South Portland -- Boat & Ship Building
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Boat & ship industry--Maine--South Portland
- Construction workers--Maine--South Portland
- Construction--Maine--South Portland
- Liberty ships--Maine--South Portland
- Scaffolding--Maine--South Portland
- Ships--Maine--South Portland
- South Portland Shipbuilding Corp. (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.