Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Louis Bertrand Goodall (1851-1935) worked for the family business -- the Sanford Mills -- as paymaster, then superintendent.
The Goodall and Garnsey blanket mills were organized in 1874 with Louis B. Goodall as treasurer and superintendent.
On October 1, 1881, he and his brothers, George B. and Ernest M., formed a partnership to manufacture car and furniture plushes. In 1884, the factories became Goodall Manufacturing Company, of which he was treasurer.
He also was involved with the Mousam River Railway Company and the Harrison and North-Eastern Railroad, a coal railroad in Tennessee. He was president of the Sanford National Bank, treasurer of the Sanford and Cape Porpoise Railway Company, the Atlantic Shore Line Railway Company, and treasurer of the Maine Alpaca Company. He was also a director in the Holyoke Plush Company, of Holyoke, Mass., and the Sanford Power Company.
He was elected as a Republican Congress, serving from March 4, 1917-March 3, 1921.
He was married to Rose V. Goodwin of Saco and had three children, Lela, Mildred and Thomas.
About This Item
- Title: Louis B. Goodall, Sanford, 1910
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Location: Sanford, York County, ME
- Media: Print from Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 24.3 cm x 19.16 cm
- Local Code: B216
- Collection: Index to the Glass Negatives
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Legislators--United States
- Textile industry--Maine--Sanford
- Goodall Industries--People
- Business people--Maine--Sanford
- Sanford (Me.)--Businesses
- Government officials--Maine--Sanford
- Sanford Mills
- Goodall, Louis Bertrand--Portrait photographs
- Atlantic Shore Line Railway Company
- Maine Alpaca Company
- Mousam River Mills
- Sanford National Bank
- Sanford and Cape Porpoise Railway Company
- Holyoke Plush Company
- Goodall Worsted Company
- Mousam River Railway Company
- Harrison and North-Eastern Railroad
For more information about this item, contact:Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
P. O. Box 276 505 Main Street, Springvale, ME 04083
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.