Contributed by Jesup Memorial Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The garden at Beau Desert, a vacation home built in ca. 1882 by Mr. and Mrs. Gurnee was located just north and west of the village of Bar Harbor. The house was considered one of the most beautiful of the 'cottages' in Eden, at that time.
About This Item
- Title: Garden at Beau Desert, Bar Harbor, ca. 1900
- Creator: The Valentine & Sons' Publishing Co., Ltd., New York
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Bar Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: PML PC 19198
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Beau Desert (Dwelling)
- Beaudesert (Dwelling)
- Dwellings--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Gardens--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Vacation homes--Maine--Bar Harbor
For more information about this item, contact:Jesup Memorial Library
34 Mount Desert Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.