Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Thunder Hole, Bar Harbor, postcard is one of a set of cards entitled, "Scenes of Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, Maine Mt. Desert Island" that are bound together accordion style.
Periodically, a booming sound is created at this rock formation as tidal waters wash in and out.
About This Item
- Title: Thunder Hole, Bar Harbor, 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Location: Hancock County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 15 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4014: Mount Desert Island
- Collection: Postcard collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Acadia National Park (Me.)--Postcards
- Natural phenomenon--Maine
- Rock formations
- Thunder Hole (Hancock Co., Me.)--Postcards
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.