Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Peter F. Sanborn wrote to his brother, Joseph A. Sanborn of East Readfield, from Portland in April 1861. He reports on his efforts to find Joseph's son, Emery, and another young man who they suspect might be enlisting for Civil War service.
About This Item
- Title: Peter Sanborn letter to brother, 1861
- Creator: Peter F. Sanborn
- Creation Date: 1861-04-26
- Subject Date: 1861
- Readfield, Kennebec County, ME
- Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 362, Box 1/2
- Collection: Sanborn family papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Recruiting and enlistment
- Sanborn family
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.