Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Manuscript copies of commissions of Governors of Nova Scotia. These items are part of a larger archive, the Thomas Barclay collection (Coll. 26), related to the drawing of the Northeast boundary between British Canada and the United States.
To search the entire Barclay collection visit Maine Historical Society's Beyond Borders search page. or
Learn more about the project.
About This Item
- Title: Commissions of Governors, Nova Scotia, 1720
- Creator: Barclay, Thomas; Barclay, Anthony; Chipman, Ward; Pagan, Robert
- Creation Date: 1720
- Subject Date: 1816
- Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
- Media: Ink on Paper
- Dimensions: 24.1 cm x 37.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 26, box 1/5
- Collection: Barclay collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Barclay, Anthony, 1792-1877.
- Barclay, Thomas, 1753-1830.
- Canada -- Boundaries -- United States -- Maps.
- Canada -- Boundaries -- United States.
- Chipman, Ward, 1754-1824.
- Chipman, Ward, 1787-1851.
- Definitive Treaty of Peace Between Great Britain and the United States (1783 September 3).
- Diplomats -- Great Britain.
- Diplomats -- United States.
- Government records.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 18th century.
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 19th century.
- Longfellow, A. W. (Alexander Wadsworth), 1814-1901.
- Maine -- Discovery and exploration.
- Neptune, Francis Joseph.
- Northeast boundary of the United States.
- Nova Scotia--History--1763-1867
- Ogilvy, John, -1819.
- Pagan, Robert, -1821.
- Personal papers.
- Real property -- United States.
- Saint Croix Island (Me.).
- Thompson, David, 1770-1857.
- Treaty of Amity, Commerce, and Navigation, with the United States of America (1794 November 19)
- Treaty of Ghent (1814 December 24).
- United States -- Boundaries -- Canada -- Maps.
- United States -- Boundaries -- Canada.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 18th century.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 19th century.
- Wasp, Chief.
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.