Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map #16 showing Merepoynt (Merepoint) near Brunswick. This map was commissioned by the Pejepscot Purchase Company to lay out lands in the grant. Written on the map is, "Planned by a scail of forty rods to one inch for John Orr Brunswick, August 26, 1752."
About This Item
- Title: "Merepoynt," Brunswick, 1752
- Creator: Nathan Winslow
- Creation Date: 1752-08-26
- Subject Date: 1752-08-26
- Location: Brunswick, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 52 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 16
- Collection: Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brunswick (Me.)--Maps
- Land companies
- Land grants--Maine
- Land settlement
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Manuscript maps
- Merepoint (Brunswick, Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Pejepscot Company--Records and correspondence--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Real property--Maine--Brunswick
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.